Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies



After a 3-day hiatus from my kitchen, I am back at it in full force today! My preschool-aged daughter and I love nothing more than to do some baking on these long winter days. Today, we tackled a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Everyone in this household has a pretty strong sweet tooth and I don't believe in the deprivation of all sugar all the time. However, I do work hard to try and get some nutritional value into the sweet treats we have lying around. The recipe I followed today is from Jessica Sienfeld's new Double Delicious Cookbook, which I highly recommend. I'm not going to post the exact recipe here since her book is relatively new and available for sale or from your local library, but you can find similar one's online, like this one from Food.com.

These cookies don't betray the sweet craving you might be having, but because there are chickpeas, whole grain flour, and unsweetened applesauce added in, you can be sure you're getting a hint of nutrition AND they are so much more satisfying than traditional cookie recipes made only of refined sugars and flours.

Stay tuned... I'm headed into the kitchen to try a new roasted chicken recipe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment