Friday, March 4, 2011

Leftover Chicken Pesto Pasta



Remember that yummy lemon garlic roasted chicken I made earlier this week? The leftovers showed well in last night's creation. I boiled up some noodles, mixed in some pesto, leftover chicken and halved grape tomatoes. Easy, simple, delicious!

As for the pesto... tonight was a sad night as I thawed and used the last of my frozen pesto made with the basil from our garden last summer. I can't say that I follow any particular recipe, rather I usually just toss in basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and grated parmesan cheese. I have also made a more economical pesto by substituting walnuts or sunflower seeds for the pine nuts; same nutty flavor for a fraction of the price! And of course, if you want to simplify this meal even further, you can choose a pre-made pesto variety from the many available at any mainstream grocery store. Bon A petite!

No comments:

Post a Comment