Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Parm Pizza



It's Friday night, which reliably means pizza night in this house! Tonight I tried something new... not bad!

Chicken Parm Pizza

Crust:
Here, you have lots of options. You can make your own, buy the pre-baked variety ala Bertolli in your grocery aisle, or stop somewhere in between, which is what I did. I like the refrigerated crust from Trader Joes. One tip contrary to the printed directions on the package, though... You'll get a better crust if you roll out the dough and bake it with no sauce or toppings for 10-12 minutes first!


Toppings:

-Pizza sauce
-Breaded chicken, chopped
-Fresh basil leaves
-Mozzarella cheese
-Parmesan cheese

Bake until the cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.

NOTE: Ours was actually faux chicken parm pizza since I tried out a new soy protein product on ours tonight, Gardein Chicken Tenders. My meat-eaters gave it 2 thumbs up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment