Thursday, September 22, 2011

Simple Chicken Crockpot



I'm struggling with what to call this one. Is it bbq? Is it Asian fusion? Is it honey? The answer is a little of everything to create a delicious and super simple chicken crockpot so that is what I settled on! Either way, with the return of the school year and dance class on Wednesday nights, I'm happy to see my crockpot back on the counter for delicious, healthy, easy meals ready whenever we might be.

Simple Chicken Crockpot

Ingredients:
-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs work great)
-1/2 c ketchup
-1/2 c honey
-1/3 c soy sauce
-garlic, minced
-dried basil

1. Place chicken in the crockpot.
2. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
4. Serve. I served mine over sauteed peppers and kale and white rice.

It doesn't get much easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment