Saturday, April 9, 2011

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches



Hello, Friends! So sorry it's been awhile since posting. It has just been that kind of week here. That, and I am actually really uninspired in the kitchen this time of year, tired of the "winter" meals and desperately waiting the arrival of spring, with which comes farmers' markets full fresh produce and weekly CSA deliveries. I am literally counting the days!!

I hesitate to enter these 2 ideas as they are so simple, they can hardly be considered a recipe, but I also know that sometimes all I need is inspiration. Hoping this can provide a warm (and E-A-S-Y) meal for you and yours.

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


Put in the crockpot:

-Chicken (I did a whole one and de-boned it, but you could use any cut you like/have)
-BBQ sacue

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred and serve on a warm bun with additional BBQ sauce.

Finishing Touches:

I meant to serve mine with sweet potato fries, but they burned while I was feeding the baby (like I said, it was that kind of week) so we had raw carrots and hummus instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment