Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa




Things have been a little hectic around here lately with Nick working longer hours than usual and me trying to keep up with 2 very-active-and-ready-to-be-outside kiddos. So, this Easter, we decided to take a step back and just enjoy some down time as a family, celebrating Jesus and the beauty of the resurrection. I wanted a delicious, yet low-maintenance, meal to put on the table. When that's the case, I usually opt for the grill and that is just what I did today. I know it's been a long winter when raw meat on a stick looks as beautiful to me as our chicken did today! :)

Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa

Kabobs:

You can really do just about anything here. I opted for cut up chicken breasts, red peppers, and pineapple drizzled with a honey teriyaki marinade.

Quinoa:

Cook the quinoa as directed on the packaging and mix in desired ingredients. I used diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, and scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment