Saturday, April 9, 2011

Build Your Own Crockpot

Another beyond simple idea, but this turned out so great I had to share it.

Build Your Own Crockpot
Step 1 - Add veggies, fresh or frozen
Step 2 - Add protein (I did chicken, but beef, pork, fish, or a variety of beans would work)
Step 3 - Add sauce of your choosing*

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice, couscous, or quinoa.

*I have found a new line of marinade-ish type products that I really like - Organicville. For this particular night, I used the sesame teriyaki variety and it was delicious. I picked mine up at Costco, but I've seen them in mainstream grocery stores as well. But think broad, you could use salad dressing, bottled marinade, or create your own sauce with soy, sesame, ginger, garlic, etc. Get creative, this is the fun part!

No comments:

Post a Comment