Monday, April 11, 2011

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes




Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday and tonight we celebrated at dinner with our neighbors! My awesome neighbor hosted, so I got the night off from cooking. Instead my preschooler and I spent the afternoon constructing a cupcake course, golf course, that is.

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes


Preheat oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl:

-3/4c. unsweetened cocoa
-2c. sugar
-2c. flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-pinch of salt

In another bowl, mix:
-1 bottle of stout beer*
-1 stick of butter, melted
-1 Tbs. vanilla
-3 large adds (add one at a time)
-3/4c. sour cream

Gradually, add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.

Lightly grease muffin tins, or drop in wrappers.
Fill cups 3/4 full.
Bake for 12 minutes, rotate pan and then bake for another 12 minutes.

*My hubby brews his own beer and currently has a coffee/chocolate stout on hand. I used this and it was delicious. The original recipe recommends Guinness.

No comments:

Post a Comment