Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tomato Toast



I have been cooking this week, but I haven't been so good about posting. Sorry! I'm going to drop two good one's right now and I should have two more for you tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with me!

This particular one I post not so much as a recipe for you to follow (although you certainly could do that) but mostly as inspiration for you to get creative in your own kitchen. On Wednesday of this week, I had planned to make a spinach pasta but when the babe came down with a high fever (again) my time was limited and I didn't have time to make the pasta. This is what I threw together instead... loving coined by my preschooler as "tomato toast."

Tomato Toast

1. Cut baguette into thin slices and lay them out on a cookie sheet. I used leftovers from the french toast I made earlier this week.

2. Spread pesto on each piece of toast. (I can't wait for my basil to come up so this can be homemade!!)

3. Sprinkle, chopped tomatoes (or sundried would totally work, too), shredded motz or parm, and pancetta.

4. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and tomatoes are warmed through.

5. Serve along side a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment