Monday, May 16, 2011

Baked French Toast Cups




My parents were in town visiting this weekend and I scored a great deal on some yummy organic berries at Costco so I decided it was a prime opportunity to try out a new french toast recipe. What I like best about it is the fun presentation of individual serving sizes.

Baked French Toast Cups

Ingredients:
-6 eggs
-1 1/2 c. milk
-6 Tbs. maple syrup
-1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-pinch of salt
-4 c. cubed bread
-2 Tbs. melted butter
-a bit of sugar

1. Whisk eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together.
2. Toss bread with melted butter, then divide between muffin cups.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread; let sit while you preheat the oven.
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Sprinkle each cup with sugar.
6. Bake for 20-40 minutes (depending on how big your muffin cups are).

Serve with berries and maple syrup.

Just a thought: I am definitely going to try this with cut up apples in this fall - yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment