Friday, September 5, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Hot Dish

Hahahahaha..... this is the first recipe I've posted that I am officially deeming a "hot dish".  I guess I am fully Minnesotan now.  It only took 10 years.

This dish is super easy to put together and is perfect for hectic weeknights or - if you're like us - a Friday night when I can hardly keep my eyes open let alone get dinner on the table.

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts or thighs
1 pkg Frontera taco or enchilada sauce*
1 can black beans
6 corn tortillas
1/2 cup raw milk cheddar cheese**
guacamole & chips (optional)

1. Put thawed chicken and Frontera sauce in your
crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
2.  When the chicken is done, shred it and drain off any excess liquid.
3.  Preheat oven to 350.
4.  Layer all ingredients - corn tortillas, meat & beans, corn tortillas, meat & beans, corn tortillas, cheese.
5.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly on the edges.
6.  Serve topped with guacamole and a side of chips!

*Available at most grocery stores.
**Available at Trader Joes.


No comments:

Post a Comment