Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summertime Oatmeal

A friend served this up for breakfast this weekend and I fell in love!  What a great summertime alternative to the overnight oatmeal that I make so often.  I've seen recipes similar to this in the past, and apparently it is commonly known as Swiss Oatmeal or Muesli.  I never, never, NEVER would have thought I would be a fan of cold oatmeal, but low and behold, it was delicious!  I'll be making this often, how about you?

Summertime Oatmeal

Ingredients: (for 1 serving, multiply as needed)
1/2 c. of Old Fashioned oats
water
honey or agave (omit if using flavored or sweetened yogurt)
2 spoonfuls of plain yogurt



Possible mix-ins:
Craisins
Currants or Raisins
Banana diced
Apple diced
Nuts or seeds
Peanut or almond butter
Get creative, the list goes on . ..

1. The night before, place oats in a bowl. Cover oats just below the top with water. Refrigerate overnight.
2. In the morning, drain the water if necessary.
3. Combine ingredients into the oats—yogurt, honey/agave, and mix-ins of your choosing. Stir.
4. Eat and fall in love.

Credit:  The Faux Martha blog

No comments:

Post a Comment