Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pizza Hot Dish



Today is my 8th anniversary of living here in Minnesota and this is the FIRST time I've made a recipe with hot dish in the title. It's about time, I think. This was a fun alternative to pizza take out. I am including the basic recipe below, but get creative and customize it to your own favorite pizza varieties. I added sweet peppers and onions in with my beef. You could sub chicken sausage for the beef and mushrooms for the pepperonis and have a sausage and mushroom variety. You could also go all veggie. The possibilities here are really endless. Happy New Year!

Pizza Hot Dish


Ingredients:
-1lb ground beef
-1 tsp Italian seasoning (all I had on hand was oregano and it worked great)
-1/2 tsp garlic salt
-1 c. dry macaroni noodles
-1 can pizza sauce
-1 c. shredded motz
-sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Boil noodles to al dente.
3. Brown ground beef with seasoning and garlic salt until cooked through.
4. Add sauce to beef mixture and simmer. Drain noodles and add to beef and sauce.
5. Pour beef/sauce/noodle mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Top with motz, pepperoni, and parmesan cheese.
6. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment