Monday, October 24, 2011

Cupcakes, Caterpillar Style



For my son's first birthday I chose to incorporate an Eric Carle theme, specifically, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. His baby book follows the same theme so I thought this was appropriate.

This was a super easy to execute and it turned out so cute! (If I do say so myself.)

The Head:
Frost 1 cupcake with red frosting. Dab 2 white dot for eyes and insert mini chocolate chips to complete them. Frost on a white smile. I made our antenna out of a purple pipe cleaner that I found in our craft drawer. You could also use construction paper and toothpicks if that is what you happen to have.

The Body:
Frost with green frosting. I let my color not quite mix all the way to create the gradient look you see in the green.

The Board:

I purchased a white foam core board from my local office supply store, cut and glued on colored tissue paper dots and frosted "Carver is One!" with white frosting.

Really, that's it. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment