Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Salad



I know, I know. Another salad. What can I say? Summer is here. I can't get enough!! Also, I love packing extra nutrients into a summer classic; replacing the classic white potato with the sweet potato does that job here.


Sweet Potato Salad


Salad Ingredients:
-4 orange-fleshed yams or sweet potatoes
-1 kohlrabi, chopped (can substitute celery)
-1 c. diced pineapple
-2 scallions, chopped
-1/2 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped

Dressing:
-1/4 c. mayo
-1 Tbs mustard
-salt and pepper to taste

Wrap the potatoes individually in foil and bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 1 hour until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Peel (the skins should fall right off once cooled), then cut into cubes.

Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, combine completely, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment